The Coastal Bend Wildlife Photo Contest strives to give something back to the community. In doing so, the Kritters 4 Kids program was created. The goal of this program is to have our books, Wildlife in Focus, donated to local schools along with an activity guide to assist in educating our youth about the Coastal Bend eco-systems and the on going threat of urbanization. With the help of sponsors, nearly a dozen area schools have benefited from the Kritters 4 Kids program.
The following schools have benefited from Kritters 4 Kids (K4K):
- A.C. Blunt Middle School, Aransas Pass I.S.D.
- Ella Barnes Elementary, C.C.I.S.D.
- Kaffie Middle School, C.C.I.S.D.
- London I.S.D.
- Moreno Junior High, Beeville I.S.D.
- Brundrett Middle School, Port Aransas I.S.D.
- Gregory-Portland Junior High
- St. James Episcopal School
- Oak Park Elementary
- Agua Dulce I.S.D.
- Wilson Elementary, C.C.I.S.D.
- Menger Elementary, C.C.I.S.D.
Funding for our Kritters 4 Kids (K4K) program has been considerately given by our Kritters 4 Kids Angels for Education:
- Ed Rachal Foundation
- Valero Energy Corporation
- Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program
- South Texas Dairy Queen
- Corpus Christi Electric
- Rotary Club of Port Aransas
- Kiwanis Club of Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Police Officers Association
- Haysam Dawod, DDS, PA
- Joanne Kroll
- The Blanche Moore Foundation
- The Rotary Club of Corpus Christi Harvey Weil Sportsman Conservationist Award
- The Rotary Club of Corpus Christi